1. Do we buy converters?

Yes, with the following information provided;
Effective July 1, 2021
All purchases of catalytic converters must have one of the following documents:
* The title of the vehicle in which the converter came from.
* The official bill of sale stating from whom the vehicle was purchased, along with the make/model of the vehicle.
* The registration of the vehicle from which the converter originated. Registration must be in same name as seller.
* A replacement receipt from a vehicle repair facility stating the converter was replaced on the vehicle from which the converter originated.

2. How do we pay our customers?

Our customers are paid by check only.

3. When can I expect my check?

All checks are written the day the customer brings in materials, however, by law, if a customer has brought in a converter(s) or copper, there is a 5 day waiting period on those items. This does not include weekends or holidays.

4. What do I need to have to be able to sell scrap materials to Morristown Shredder?

You must present to us a valid ID. (Note: If bringing in a vehicle(s) that is 12 years old or newer, you must present to us a Title along with the valid ID before we can accept the vehicle.)

5. Can I sell copper coils to Morristown Shredder?

You may only sell copper coils if you are a certified heat/air tech or own your own heat/air business and we MUST have your certification on file.

6. What are your operating hours?

Monday-Friday 7AM-4PM
Saturday 7AM-Noon

7. How do I get updated pricing?

Download our App or visit us on morristownscrap.com. NOTE: Prices are subject to change at any time.

8. Can I get paid for copper or converters at time of transaction?

No, per TN state law, all payments must be held for 5 days after purchase. Checks are mailed out in 5 days after transaction.

9. How do I request a container?

Please visit our Container page on the website or app, complete the request form and we will follow up with you.

10. What items are not accepted for scrap?

TV's. propane tanks, pressurized tanks of any kind, rubber skid steer tracks, tires (unless purchased on the vehicle), Ni-Cad Batteries, rail road steel.